- 1 (7 oz) container low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz penne pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 (6 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (cut into smaller pieces if they are large)
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives (sliced if desired)
- 1/4 cup slivered sun-dried tomatoes (the type packed in oil)
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In a medium sized bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup feta cheese, garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
(The original called for chopped garlic…I’m going to mince it next time though)
2. In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, artichoke hearts, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, and onion.
3. Pour the yogurt mixture over the pasta and stir till coated.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of feta cheese and the fresh dill on top. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
I’ve had this recipe for awhile now…I kept looking at it thinking, “Maybe I’ll try this one day” but I never did (until yesterday). Pasta salad has never been one of my favorite things. I like it, but not enough to actually make it. So, when I found this one, I was conflicted. I like tzatiki sauce, but on a gyro. Would it actually work in a pasta salad? Well, the answer is: YES IT DOES. I am KICKING myself for not making this sooner. All the times I passed it by when I could have been enjoying it!
The list of ingredients might seem off putting for a pasta salad (maybe that’s one of the reasons I kept passing it over…) but it was a very fast and easy recipe. And SO DELICIOUS. It made quite a bit, which has been great because I shared it at a dinner with some friends (they all liked it!) and then I had enough for leftovers! I keep going back to it and taking bites through out the day.
This is a perfect recipe for a pot-luck, a cookout, picnic, or just weekday meal! I’m seriously more excited than I should be for my next get-together just so I can make this again!