- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp, peeler and devined (and de-tailed if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- chopped green onions (optional)
- Combine the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
2. Put shrimp in a bowl, large sealable bag, etc., and pour 1/2 of the honey mix over the shrimp. Stir to coat evenly. (SAVE AND REFRIGERATE THE REMAINING 1/2 OF THE MARINADE!)
3. Cover shrimp and marinate in refrigerator for at least 20 minutes (up to 12 hours).
4. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade (discard used marinade) and place shrimp in the skillet. Cook until one side of the shrimp is pink. Then flip.
5. Pour reserved marinade over the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is cooked through.
6. Serve shrimp over rice or couscous and top with cooked marinade and green onions, if desired.
If you love shrimp- this is a super easy, quick must recipe! A little-known fact about me, shrimp is one of my favorite foods. I love it and could eat it every day. I’m so excited that I tried this recipe because of how fast and tasty it is. I really liked the flavor and my daughter did too! (Win!!) One of the great things about it is the versatility of it. It was good on couscous, and I’m sure would be good on rice. But I think it could also be paired with a grilled steak or a yummy summer salad. (Or even by itself!)