Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups corn flakes, crushed lightly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- chives (optional)
- 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (I used aluminum foil and sprayed cooking spray on it). Set aside
2. Place the bite-sized pieces of chicken in a large bowl. Add flour and stir to coat each piece. Set aside.
3. Place the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika in a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Whisk together the eggs and milk.
5. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg and milk mixture. Roll in the cornflake mixture. Place onto prepared baking dish. (Repeat for all pieces).
6. Bake for 18 minutes- flipping halfway. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, combine the BBQ sauce, honey, and ketchup in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes.
8. Carefully place chicken in a large bowl (pouring them in will cause them to lose some of the cornflakes). Pour the warm BBQ mix on top and gently stir to coat.
I really liked how handy this recipe is. It is perfect as a finger food for parties but we were also able to use it as a dinner. Also, I had more chicken then I did sauce, so I thought I would try hot sauce! Voila! Boneless buffalo wings!
It didn’t take long to prepare and there weren’t any left (which is always a good sign!) This is going to be a staple on Game Day’s!