*There are no set measurements for this recipe. Heck, there aren’t even set ingredients! So, if I used something you don’t like, just omit it!*
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken
- At least 1 ripe avocado- mashed
- plain Greek yogurt (Start with 2 tablespoons and more till desired consistency)
- ~1 1/2 – 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Finely diced red onion (I use roughly 2 tablespoons)
- Green onion- sliced (I used 3)
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- Salt- to taste
- ~ 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped- to taste (I use roughly 2 tablespoons of cilantro)
- Add all ingredients together.
(You can, of course, add the spices directly to the salad….I just combined them separately to show roughly how much I use.)
2. If desired, spread salad on tortillas. When I made this the first time, I sprinkled cheese on top- I don’t usually do that now, but it is certainly a personal preference.
3. If desired, roll up and cut. You can cut in half or into small roll up/ pinwheels.
I have recently discovered rotisserie chicken. How did I live my whole life not using this?! I love using recipes (like this and this) because I can use any of the left over chicken to make this salad.
I find myself sneaking into the fridge throughout the day taking bites of the salad- I can’t get enough of it! It’s a healthy and fresh lunch option that is great for on the go! Take it to work, on a picnic, just hanging out at home, or cut into the pinwheels for company!
Also, can we talk about the versatility of it?! Don’t like green onions? No problem! Add some cucumber instead! Don’t like the cilantro? Use parsley! You can use lemon instead of lime! Throw in some hot sauce or red pepper flakes for a kick! You will want to make this salad everyday because you don’t get sick of it!