- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (remove excess fat)
- Jar (6 oz) of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour entire contents of artichoke jar (including liquid) onto chicken and let marinade for about 20 minutes.
2. Drain all liquid.
3. Add garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
4. Broil on low with rack about 6 inches from boiler, for about 10 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown. Turn chicken and cook an additional 8-10 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
5. Top chicken with feta and broil an additional minute.
6. Top chicken with fresh parsley and serve.
I was pleasantly surprised with this recipe. I questioned whether it would have enough flavor from the marinade, but actually, the combined flavor of the artichokes, feta, and parsley worked really well together!
Now. I have a confession. As I’ve stressed before, I’m completely clueless to SO MANY aspects of cooking…. This includes the broiler. I could probably count on one hand how many times I’ve used it. It could be because of my lack of knowledge or it could be just the way my broiler works, but I had to add quite a bit of time to my cooking (like an additional 5 minutes on each side) and then, I still felt like that wasn’t cooking like it should so I actually turned it on high for 5 minutes on each side.
Ultimately, I really liked the combined flavors, the simplicity, and the possibilities that this recipe provides!