- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 teaspoons olive oil
- dash pepper
- 1 package (3.5 oz) reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2/3 cup panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, mix lemon peel, lemon juice, mint, 4 teaspoons of the oil and dash pepper with whisk.
2. Add cheese; stir. Set aside.
3. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.
4. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; coat with bread crumb mixture.
5. Cook chicken in oil 10 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
6. On each of 4 plates, place 1 chicken breast, top with 2 1/2 tablespoon feta sauce.
Let me tell you the story about this recipe:
On my little recipe card, I (at some point) had written “8.5!”. Typically, this means my husband gave that rating for that particular recipe so I was excited to make it again. I LOVED it! The lemon zest and mint have such a fresh, summer-y taste!
Now… My husband, at one point, said, “I gave this an 8.5?!”… He was surprised he gave it that high of a rating! And that is when we realized that he does not like feta cheese…. Since the feta cheese is, obviously, a large part of this recipe, I would not recommend it for someone who does not like feta. But for those who do, this is a delicious (and super quick!) recipe!