- 1 package (19 oz) frozen cheese tortellini (I actually used the non-frozen type found in the pasta section)
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 oz each), sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 package (6 oz) fresh baby spinach
- 4 oz. reduced- fat cream cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir sausage over medium- high heat 4-5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add tomatoes
4. Add spinach; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted.
5. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
6. Drain tortellini; add to sausage mixture.
7. Toss to combine.
This looked so good in the cookbook (My pictures don’t do it justice! …I’m going to work on that…) And it was delicious!
For a few years now, I’ve had my husband rate my food. Most of my recipes are about an 8 or 9. I’ve only had a few 10’s in my day (This is one and this is another). But my husband gave this recipe a 10 as well! (He did say he would put it in a different category than the Salmon and Pork Roast- but it’s still a 10!) I, personally, probably would not have rated it that high, but it’s a recipe that I really enjoyed and can’t wait to make again! It was a perfect weeknight meal; fast, simple, and tasty!