- 1 package (8 1/2 oz) corn bread/ muffin mix
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of rubbed sage
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 cans (15 oz each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 1/4 oz each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
2. Prepare corn bread batter according to the package directions. Stir in the chilies, oregano, and sage.
3. Spread in a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
4. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and dressing mix, set aside.
5. Crumble half of the corn bread mix into a 13 x 9- inch baking dish.
6. Layer with half of the beans, mayonnaise mix, corn, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, bacon, and cheese.
7. Repeat layers (the dish will be very full!)
8. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
I need to apologize in advance to all of my friends and family because I will be making this A LOT. Although, as good as it is, y’all won’t mind!
This is my new “go-to”. PERFECT for potlucks or anytime you need to bring a side! I made it as a side dish last week to go with dinner(it makes a lot!) and I kept going back throughout the next few days to get some as a snack! I really didn’t have high hopes for it… it seemed to simple! But it is so flavorful!