- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the SALSA:
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small, red onion, sliced
- juice from two limes
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion, and black pepper together.
2. Rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and the seasoning mix.
3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Pre- heat the grill (I actually used my stove- an preheat my oven to 425°)
5. Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to use.
6. If grilling, grill to desired doneness (about 5 minutes). If in the stove, start checking if it’s done after about 15 minutes (I cooked mine for 25 minutes)…
7. Serve with salmon topped with the avocado salsa.
This is one of my husband’s favorite. Actually, it’s one of mine too. It is so fresh and flavorful! When I make it, I use two avocados. I’m also pretty generous with the cilantro. But you can adjust these to your particular preferences. By the way, there is a big difference between frozen salmon and fresh salmon- I strongly recommend getting fresh salmon.
I know I say this about most of my recipes, but this one is so easy! And it tastes like something you would spend a fortune on at a fancy restaurant! Even if cooking fresh salmon is something you shy away from, I suggest trying this one!