- 1 1/4 cup Spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups cubed COOKED chicken (or 2 cans- 10 oz each- cut up chicken)
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups green peas, thawed if frozen, OR 1 can green peas drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and mustard. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter.
3. In an 8×8 baking dish, combine chicken, artichoke hearts, peas, and soup mix. Mix to combine.
4. Spread bread crumb mixture evenly on top and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the crumbs.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the mixture bubbles- about 20 minutes.
I first made this recipe years ago- I was looking for something to make and I just so happened to have all the ingredients on hand, so I tried it! I should clarify… I did NOT have everything. The original recipe calls for 1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of tomato soup… I didn’t have that, but I had spaghetti sauce. I think it adds additional flavor.
It has been a hit! And actually, I like this better as left overs! I have used fresh, cooked chicken, and I have also used the canned chicken- both taste good. One small warning: I typically use plain Panko bread crumbs. This time, however, I used an Italian herbs bread crumbs, and both my husband and I felt that made it to salty. So- heads up.
This was the first recipe I ever made that included artichoke hearts. I have found that many people have either not tried artichoke hearts or they don’t typically cook with them. They add a great, unique flavor- so don’t shy away from trying them!