2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into small strips)
4 ounces linguini (cooked al dente)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons butter
1 green onion (thinly sliced)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Start cooking linguini.
2. Place chicken strips and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, toss the chicken with the seasoning until the chicken strips are evenly coated with the seasoning.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
4. Reduce heat to low. Add green onions.
5. Add heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
6. Cook until heated through. Pour over hot linguini and toss with Parmesan cheese.
So, my sweet little children are the pickiest eaters I know. Maybe not so much picky…they just claim they don’t like most of my recipes (but when daddy makes ramen noodles? “It’s the best meal ever….” huh…). With that being said, my son ate *THREE* helpings of this pasta tonight!
I’ve made this one a few times, and each time I do something a little different (not necessarily intentionally). I’ve made it without the basil, without the salt, and without the Parmesan cheese. I’ve also added extra Cajun seasoning for a bigger kick. Each time, it has been great!
This one is easy and delicious- I’ve been told it tastes like something from a fancy restaurant! (It also makes a good amount so it’s great for guests!)